Completed a National Diploma Program in Electrical / Electronics Engineering Technology from an accredited institution, preferably with a Power and/or Communications Option or equivalent Where equivalent status is claimed, acceptable documentation must be provided by the applicant that will show equivalency of courses taken.
Either a letter from your place of education or your instructor indicating the course(s) and stating that the course(s) taken would be considered equivalent. All candidates are requested to submit a copy of their resume and a copy of their transcripts demonstrating completion of a National Diploma Program in Electrical / Electronics Engineering Technology.
The work is highly technical, involves sophisticated systems and equipment, and it appeals to those with good analytical skills who are also creative problem solvers. Computer literacy and proficiency in English are essential and mechanical aptitude is required. Applicants should be physically fit with normal colour vision.
1. Must possess a valid BC Drivers License, Class 5, or ability to obtain same
2. Interpersonal skills are necessary in dealing with employees and internal/external customers
3. Overtime, work in adjacent areas and travel away from headquarters will be required
4. Travel to remote sites via boat and/or helicopter as required
5. Demonstrated commitment to safety and safe work practices
Field work – involves travel to work sites, usually on a daily basis, but occasionally for periods of a few days or weeks. Examples of work locations are substations, small generating stations, mountain top sites and offices.
Inside work – involves work mainly in one location, such as a central repair and resource facility, a major control centre or a major generating station.
• instructing and directing workers in the performance of their duties
• planning and coordinating work for others (including contractors)
• supervising and assigning work to employees
• responsible for the preparation and quality control of all work under their charge
• assuring that all work related documentation, information and records are updated
• liaising with appropriate internal and external parties as required
• providing feedback to crew members on their performance in order that work is carried out safely, efficiently, and expeditiously